About Northwestern College
NWB College was founded in 1902 to provide students with the specialized training necessary for a successful career and to support Chicago’s rapidly growing business community.
Today, over a century later, we have helped thousands of students gain a better future through education. Below are some of the values, beliefs, and commitments that we strive to live by everyday.
Our Mission Statement
The professionals of NWB College, an institution of higher education, empower students to realize their career potential and individual goals. Our quality educational programs combined with our commitment, integrity, and personal attention provide a vital human resource to the community.
Our commitment is to ensure that the training provided to our graduates will equip them to achieve success in careers with high growth potential.
Our Core Values
- Student Centered – Realizing that the student is our first priority, our focus is on career development and professional growth.
- Experientially Based – We integrate applied hands-on training with a concentrated curriculum that prepares our graduates for business, medical and technical careers.
- Graduate Focused – Our success is measured by the success of our graduates.
- Community and Employer Driven – We focus both on the needs of our graduates and of the employers in the communities in which we serve.
Our Outreach Initiatives
NWB College is committed to providing assistance to the underprivileged, and contributes money and resources to a number of charity organizations and programs.
Recent activities include:
- Participation in Christmas Wish List 2006 (A letters to Santa program at Guggenheim Elementary School)
- Collection drive for Toys for Tots
- Donation to Greater Chicago Food Depository